Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Iceland Health...a miracle or I'm a head case.

I'm a hard-science girl. I've never been the type to do the crunchy, whole-body-earth-spirit, eat shark testicles and live forever thing...but I think it might be time to change my tune.

I've been battling some lingering foot/knee issues for the past 6 months that have kept me out of my running shoes. Despite rehab, resting, etc, things just didn't seem to be getting any better, and I was getting mighty frustrated. I was voicing said frustrations to my mom when she was out here a month or so ago, and she told me about this new "miracle supplement" she'd been taking. I rolled my eyes but kept listening while my mom told me about her experience with Iceland Health Joint Supplement (stupid name, yah?). She told me how a golfing buddy of hers with chronic back pain started taking it, and his back pain immediately decreased by 75%. She said that she'd started taking it a few weeks ago for the nagging pains associated with being middle-aged and playing 4 rounds of golf a week (tough life, I know), and that she hadn't taken a single Advil since she started popping IH. I nodded while she talked, and with only one last eye roll, I filed this information away and moved on to more important matters (like dessert).
Well, a few weeks ago I vowed to start running "for serious" again, and after run #1, it was obvious that the knee/foot issues were still around. Overcome with frustration that was quickly morphing into desperation, I high-tailed it to the nearest Walgreens for some IH. Who would have guessed that a mere 2 weeks later, I'd be writing a blog post about my virtually pain-free 8 mile run on Sunday (which is the longest I'd run since February, FYI). Yep, after 2 weeks of gagging down 2 nasty, fishy, olive green pills a day, my joints and ligaments have apparently been adequately supplemented, and I'm running like a normal person again. Maybe it's all in my head, but whatever the cause, I'm feeling much much better. I definitely recommend this bottle of omega goodness to anyone suffering joint related pain/injuries. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. How are the pills after you've taken them? Does it give that odd 'fish/olive oil' taste in your mouth for the rest of the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though they taste pretty bad while going down, I've never experienced an aftertaste from the pills.

    ReplyDelete